You're a generalist. You don't know what challenges tomorrow may bring, but you're happy to hack away at them - from high performance back-end applications to sophisticated web apps.
You love the uncertainty and ownership that comes with working at an early stage startup. You're intellectually curious but know that solving engineering puzzles is a fraction of the job. You'll see projects through from concept to production to iteration. Here's what a typical week might look like for you:
Make some changes to our data processing algorithms in order to improve the accuracy of our data. We process billions of data points about millions of consumer transactions every day.
Crunch some numbers. We have terabytes of data that we need to comb through on a regular basis.
Build some new admin tools. We have a complex web app that we use internally for analysis and configuration.
Add a new feature to our customer dashboard. Our web application is used by hundreds of marketers on a regular basis.
Just got some mockups back from the design team - time to make some changes to the website.
- Familiarity with at least one scripting language (e.g., Ruby, Python, etc.) and at least one compiled language (e.g., Java, C/C++). Bonus points for Java and Ruby experience.
- A strong background in CS fundamentals.
- An appreciation for the delicate balance between expediency and elegance. You understand that sometimes "perfect is the enemy of good."
- An all-around nice person who wants to surround themselves with other nice people. No exceptions.
- Excited to work in downtown San Francisco. We will relocate you if necessary.
- Entrepreneurial spirit. We’d love it if Wove were a stepping stone on the path toward starting your own company.